Apr 19, 2012

Success of Walk for Thought

I finally have the pictures from Walk for Thought!  It was so much fun!  Poor Jazzy was recovering from Pneumonia, so she only walked a few feet before discovering a water fountain to play in with our aunt.

Pediatric brain injury is under-diagnosed in medical communities and therefore under-recognized in schools.  Jazz has frequently complained about having special needs, and that even in her special education class, there is no one like her.  It felt so great to introduce her to some of my patients from Center for Neuro Skills and show her that she is not alone.  The families were also happy to see where I was coming from in my desire to work with their loved ones.

I urge you to join us next year and to advocate for more awareness about pediatric brain injury in your schools, offices, and families.

Much Love!

Friends and Family

Giving Jazz Tunes a shout out!

Cousins!

Even Frank was sporting our team gear

Lunch Afterward

Family love!

My doll!

The whole team!

No comments:

Post a Comment